[Swadhin-List] Install ubuntu without cd rom

siva at swadhin.in siva at swadhin.in
Mon Oct 25 21:04:58 IST 2010

Hi Viswanath

You need to install the metapackage for restricted packages
(ubuntu-restricted-extras). These are not pre installed because they are
non-free.

You can install that package by connecting to the internet and then open
the "Ubuntu software center" under "Applications" menu in the top
navigation bar. There if you search for the term "ubuntu restricted" you
will get a option to install "ubuntu restricted extras". That's it.

Regards
Siva
On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 11:46:06 +0530, Viswanath Polaki
<viswanath.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i installed ubuntu in d now. now i am not getting sound and play movies.
it